You are here
High Grade Epithermal Mineralization
Amarilla Structural Corridor (ASC), hosting epithermal mineralization, has been identified adjacent to La Cumbre and requires evaluation to determine its impact on gold ounces in an updated mineral resource estimate.
The Aarilla Structural Corridor is host to high grade epithermal vein mineralization previously exploited by artisanal miners. Drilling has intersected epithermal mineralization near surface (holes LC003 and QAP034) and at depth (hole QAP 027):
- LC003 from 28 m down hole grading 43.40 g/t Au over 2 metres
- QAP027 from 68 m down hole, grading 3.85 g/t Au over 0.58 metres
- QAP027 from 508 m down hole, grading 9.16 g/t over 1.55 metres
- QAP034 from 12.7 m down hole grading 11.60 g/t Au over 1.2 metres
- QAP034 from 13.90 m down hole grading 27.50 g/t Au over 1.6 metres
The ASC has not been systematically drill tested to date and the high grade gold mineralization within the mineral resource estimate has been capped at 3 g/t. The area of the ASC located within the Whittle pit does not currently contribute significant gold ounces to the mineral resource estimate. Further drilling is required to evaluate the epithermal vein system in the ASC to determine if it may increase the gold grade within the current pit shell.